Domenick & Associates Specialty Insurance Programs Safety Committee Management in Healthcare
Leadership among hospitals and other healthcare providers is integral to a successful safety program. This includes representation from the administration, nursing, risk management, patient safety, planning and others serving as champions to affect change and incorporate strong safety and quality goals into organizational strategic plans. Domenick & Associates can facilitate your organization’s leadership with the implementation of quality safety programs to improve both patient and employee safety while also reducing claims, mitigating losses and improving the bottom line.
We can assist in helping safety committees address the following key areas:
- Injuries to patients or others coming to the hospital’s facilities as well as incidents of property damage
- Occupational illnesses and injuries to staff
- Security incidents involving patients, staff or others coming to the hospital’s facilities or property
- Hazardous materials and waste spills, exposures, and other related incidents
- Fire-safety management problems, deficiencies, and failures
- Equipment-management problems, failures, and user errors
- Utility systems management problems, failures, or user errors
- Emergency management concerns
Our services also include helping to formalize meetings among the safety committee at regular intervals throughout the year to address environment of care, risk management, patient safety, quality and other issues as appropriate. We will provide assistance to identify issues, make recommendations and take actions to remedy the risk.